- They understand it better each time, including the plot, vocabulary, and humor
- They become more confident and enthusiastic about books and interested in the idea of reading
- Let them fill in parts they know-- Make mistakes on purpose for them to catch or encourage them to say the lines they remember
What can you read besides books?
- Street signs and street names while on the bus
- Boxes or cans of food in the kitchen
- Small signs in the grocery store, like for apples
Don't have a book with you?
- Make up stories FOR your child -- You can change characters or use the same ones every time
- Make up stories WITH your child -- Ask them what happens next or how a character should feel
- Tell your child tales of your life -- "When I was your age..."
Toddler Storytime at Fairyland is Fridays at 10:30am and 3:00pm -
for the before and after nap crowds.
- Books specially selected for toddlers
- Fun and lively songs
- Body movement and finger-play
- Site outside comfortably on our Emerald City Stage
- A focused 20 minutes of literacy complements playing at Fairyland to stimulate your child's development
Want to know more about Toddler Storytime? Ask for Shana, the Education Director!